Max Maven Video Mind- #1, DVD
|You save:|| $7.69 (22%)
usually ships within 24 hours!
Order in the next 3 hours 34 minutes and it will ship TODAY!
Artist(s): Max Maven, Eugene Burger
Produced by: L&L Publishing
Running Time(s): Volume 1-1 Hour 9 Minutes, Volume 2-57 Minutes, Volume 3-55 Minutes
Includes exclusive bonus photo gallery not contained on video release
|Volume One - Parlor MentalismIt's done under what can be the most difficult conditions: performing for a medium - sized audience with no formal stage setting to focus attention. Sightlines are often poor, and people must be drawn into the experience even if they can't see everything clearly. Too, you may be working surrounded, so you'd better be sure there are no angle problems. And, as it's likely to be a social occasion filled with potential distractions, your material needs to be compelling from the very first moment: intriguing presentations that build to powerful conclusions. This video features a range of commercial Parlor Mentalism. No pre-show work, no secret assistance; this is practical material for the solo performer, using subtle and unusual methods that are as fascinating as the effects they produce. You'll learn: |
- The Mockingbird - A sampling from the fabled "Birds of Prey" series. At its core, an inexplicable demonstration of playing card telepathy - but you'll discover how audience participation and an unfolding plot structure can transform an already strong effect into a full - fledged routine.
- Autome - An extraordinary book test using plain, ungimmicked props under the fairest conditions. This is a remarkable routine in and of itself, but it also introduces principles for which you'll find a host of other uses.
- Divine Write - (Previously Unrevealed): Mutual mentalism with built - in appeal. The performer tries an imposing experiment in clairvoyance, working simultaneously with a member of the audience. Despite the overwhelming odds, the outcome is successful for both!
- Zenvelopes: - A test of intuition using several participants and a number of ESP symbol cards hidden inside opaque envelopes. These are thoroughly mixed by the spectators, who then pair them off by playing their hunches. When the contents are examined, all the symbols have matched perfectly.
- Kurotsuke - (Previously Unrevealed) An ancient game from the imperial court of Japan is turned into a delightful routine of stand - up mentalism that lets several people get involved. And, best of all, it can be done entirely impromptu using only borrowed materials.
- The Mind's Eye Deck - A pack of some 40 design cards is used. Each one is different, and the deck is shuffled. While the performer's back is turned, a spectator removes a card. Without turning around, the mentalist starts describing the thought - of design, eventually drawing it on a pad of paper. It's as straightforward as that.
Have a question about this product?
Especially loved The Mockingbird. Max Maven is a true inspiration and great performer. Just watching
him perform gives me ideas for my act. I enjoy this DVD tremendously.
0 of 1 magicians found the following review helpful:
This DVD is pretty good. It has some powerful, good mentalism routines.
It definitly does
it's job of teaching "Parlour" mentalism in the fact that all these can be done, "With no formal
stage setting, surrounded, sightlines are poor and even when some people can't see you".
All these routines DO teach that, but the only one that is REALLY practical for everyday use is
Kurotsuke UNLESS you plan to spend hours before each show crafting gimmicks.
that sounds good to you.
More Featured Magic Tricks
Act Builder beta
Top Recent Reviewers
- Lance Payne
- Robert Green
- Osa Torn NYC
- Louis Del Monte
- Karl Fiesta