Vernon Revelations(11&12) - #6, DVD
In stock: usually ships within 24 hours!
History was made September 2-6, 1982 in a filming studio in St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada, as the life and magic of Dai Vernon was permanently recorded for future generations. Inspired by Bill Larsen, the project was undertaken by Videonics, owned and operated by Hans Zahn. The co-hosts of the filming project were Michael Ammar, Gary Ouellet and Steve Freeman.
L & L Publishing has now taken this original footage, digitally re-mastered it and released it on 8 DVDs. Not only can we learn by actually seeing and hearing the Professor at work, but our great grandchildren and their great grandchildren will be taught that most elusive of crafts by the grandest master of them all.
Some of the important points to be considered are:
* The format is that of a jam session, with Vernon discussing his tricks, moves and routines, and generally holding court.
* All the moves, techniques, routines, tips and handlings discussed are actually performed by Vernon or one of the co-hosts, along with a complete explanation.
* Roughly half of the subjects covered relate to the published record; half the material was new and disclosed for the first time (at the time of the video shoot).
* Many times, Vernon teaches important new techniques on the Vernon classics, including improvements, or previously undisclosed handlings, even as regards the famous Stars of Magic effects.
* Some world famous routines, such as the Coins in Champagne Glass or the Fred Kaps Coins and Silk (invented by Vernon and taught to Kaps) are publicly revealed.
* Important revelations about the Erdnase techniques, which Vernon has spent a lifetime studying, form a major part of the material.
The idea behind these videos was to capture Vernon live so future magicians can experience him.
No magician should miss these videos. Dai Vernon was the Dean of modern magic and he shares great things on these tapes. AND now the beauty of DVD offers: Superior Picture Quality Dolby Digital Sound Interactive Menus Take You To Every Trick & Explanation with just a Click of Your Remote Multi-Region for Worldwide Viewing.
Customers who bought this also bought
Customer Reviews (showing 1 - 1 of 1)
The professor Report this review
Verified buyer Pro Privacy ON (login to see reviewer names) on April 9th, 2010
I don't need to know much more than that. I did however take a particular interest in this book after reading the magician and the cardsharp as I wanted the real work on the Kennedy Center Deal. It is here along with a pile of other valuable information from Vernon. My Center deal is still not performance worthy however it will take anyone a long time to master it. If you want great information from the legend this is the DVD to get and the entire series is truley the closest you will come to ever spending time with the professor.
Did this review help you?
More Featured Magic Tricks
0 0 : 0 0 : 0 0 remaining
Act Builder beta
Top Recent Reviewers
Get To Know Us
Shipping and Store Policies