READY, SET, GuastaferrO (RSG) by John Guastaferro (PDF Instant Download)
An all-new collection of magic with 12 professional card effects, plus additional tips, ideas and variations.
In stock: Download INSTANTLY.
“A great collection of card magic that has the Guastaferro stamp of simplicity, structure and surprise.” - David Regal
"I just tried the opening effect from RSG and it is fabulous. It is going into my program.” - Michael Vincent
"With a cunning combination of new plots, smart methods and clever handlings, John Guastaferro's latest ebook is the perfect glimpse into his repertoire...and mind." - Andi Gladwin
"In this collection, John gets every ounce of impact out of every effect by careful attention to detail. Great stuff by a great magician." - John Carey
READY, SET, GuastaferrO (RSG) is an all-new collection of magic from John Guastaferro with 12 professional card effects, plus additional tips, ideas and variations.
RSG continues the one-degree philosophy I introduced in my previous book One Degree, where small changes can yield massive impact. Even “Mr. E” makes an appearance with the newly-added effect Mr. E. Returns.
Five chapters span openers, middle effects and closers. These are real world card effects I use in my own work. They have proven to be strong, memorable and entertaining.
- Invisible Opener - In a game of pretend, imaginary items appear from nowhere, including poker chips, a deck of cards and rubberbands.
- RWB - The deck changes from red to blue. And in a bit of American patriotism, even the faces vanish for a moment, giving you a complete “red, white, and blue” change.
- Mr. E. Returns - A card that is used as a magic wand throughout the effect ends up being the signed selection.
- Spectral - A freely selected card vanishes and reappears in a most mysterious way.
- Centerfold - A card is predicted, then travels inside a folded note card.
- Twist of Fate - Using three cards, the future is predicted, then altered.
- Bound to Triumph- A topsy-turvy shuffled deck that is wrapped with a rubberband manages to unshuffle itself, even while in a spectator’s hands.
- Untouchable - The audience openly shuffles and cuts the deck with a mixture of cards face up and face down. Without intervention from the performer, the cards straighten themselves.
- Inside and Out - One selection jumps inside the box; another melts through the box.
- Triple Pocket Discovery - A pocketed card melts up through the fabric; another card melts into the pocket; and the last card is found using the penetrating power of the mind.
- Assembly Line - Four audience members each hold a quarter of the deck with a Jack lost in the middle of each, yet all four Jacks assemble on top of one packet.
- Pickpocket Aces - After the Aces are lost in the deck, one is found in your pocket, two are found in your spectator’s pocket, and the final one stands alone after the entire deck vanishes.
12 effects, 60 pages, 13,000 words and 35 color photos
Still need a little convincing? Here are a few more rave reviews from a few guys that you might recognize:
“Once again, John Guastaferro has produced a truly stunning set of material. His latest set has something for everyone, from full performance pieces, really nice touches, to just good card tricks. Everything is explained in detail and with panache. I particularly enjoyed his off-beat application of the Kosky Switch, his Triumph ideas, and “Centerfold,” an effective, but surprisingly low-tech card to impossible location. John thinks hard about his magic and these pieces are all highly wrought and deserving of your attention. If you are a fan, like I am, you already knew that.” - John Bannon
"Just read RSG! John never ceases to amaze me with his uncanny ability to synthesize and maximize plot, presentation, and effect. The only glaring flaw in John's work is that all his creations are closers!" - Jack Carpenter
"All great stuff! Bound to Triumph is worth the price of the book. Imagine a Triumph where the spectator actually feels the cards righting themselves, and the selection finding itself. There have been a lot of new handlings, but this is the first worthwhile change to the effect in many years." - Curtis Kam
"John Guastaferro continues to engage your imagination and stimulate your cogitation in this compact continuation of his distinctive brand of card magic." - Jon Racherbaumer
"John G delivers once again!" - Luke Dancy
"In this collection, John Guastaferro once again demonstrates his uncanny power to create entertaining and deeply fooling card magic. Having been privileged to be a virtual witness to the development of many of these effects, I can vouch for John's obsession with detail and his passion for simplicity and clarity of effect. This is material you will want to do and that will inspire you to seek the next degree of perfection in your own creative endeavors." - Stephen Hobbs
"There are a few pockets of genuinely good thinking in magic scattered around the world. John Guastaferro occupies one of them.” - Stephen Minch
Have a question about this product?