Are you a woodworker?
#trending right now
Malone Meets Marlo #5 by Bill Malone - DVD
FREE SHIPPING TO UNITED STATES. This product qualifies for PENGUIN FLAT-PACK (World-wide free shipping)
In stock: usually ships within 24 hours!
Welcome to the wonderful card magic of Ed Marlo!
Have a question about this product?
Customer Reviews (showing 1 - 1 of 1)2 of 2 magicians found the following review helpful:
Malone AND Marlo - woo hoo! Report this review
Pro Privacy ON (login to see reviewer names) on April 2nd, 2010
Color Changing Deck (4/5)
- This is a great trick and very magical looking. Malone, as is par for him, had some very funny opening lines. I don't like, however, his presentation as much as others I've seen do this effect. He has a couple of moments of an illogical premise about magicians cheating by having you pick a card face up, then in an effort to "not cheat" he has a card picked face up . . . a bit weird. Also, there was a lot of babble before begining the magical portion of the effect. However, once you get to the magic, it's beautiful to watch.
Rise Rise Rise (4/5)
- This is a visual and clever idea. It should not be a separate trick, however. It should be, in my opinion, part of a trick. Also, he taught a different control in the explanation. I would have liked to have learned the control he used in the performance. You might remember, if you read my disk four review, that I was getting a little burned out on listening to Malone. As much as I love him, there were some mind-numbing moments. This dvd, however - particularly this explanation - he seemed to have mellowed out. I think he was just exhausted from filming 6 DVDs.
- This is an amazing effect to watch, and it fooled me - always a bonus. it was performed without an audience. The illusion is killer illusion. This effect is not Marlo's, however the major move used to create the effect is Marlo's. Again, in the explanation, Malone has Mellowed out. It was much more pleasant to watch and listen to.
The Perfect Stop Trick (4.5/5)
- Again with the awesome funny opening gag/line. This is a great effect and seems very free feeling and very fair. The only reason I busted it .5 stars is because there were a couple of choices he gave to his spectator's in the performance that he would only be able to give once. For example, when dealing a queen on to the table, he asks the spectator if he wants to count the queen as a 12 or a 10. That's fine once, but it another queen comes up in the counting procedure, you can't offer that choice, but you may run the risk that the spectator will want to have the choice. I felt Malone should have covered that possibility.
Topsey Turvey Aces (4/5)
. . . and more funny patter ideas from Master Malone and his Jedi-like comedic timing. You'll learn some cool shuffles that are very convincing. Lost one point for requiring a table.
Lucky Seven (Follow Up Aces) - (4/5)
- Great effect for sure. I was slightly annoyed, however with his presentation . . . A LOT of "I'm gonna do this; Then I'll do that; Then next, watch me do this."
Hit the Aces (4/5)
- Not much to say here . . . quick, magical and visual
Almost Like Trick Cards (4/5)
- This was performed with no audience. I often wonder on some of these that he chose not to use an audience . . . is there a reason? Would it not be as deceptive close up? It's probably no big deal, but it slightly makes me wonder. This effect is super clever and creates a very solid illusion that you've seen the faces of all of the card used in the assembly.
The Observation Test (3/5)
- This one is clever, but it's a A bit contrived and convoluted, but still a pretty decent trick.
Needed a Title (3/5)
- This one was a little busy , but still pretty decent. You get a lot of mileage out of the "showing of the cards as all Ace of Spades."
Of Course I Can Deal A Good Poker Hand! (2/5)
- This is a really long poker routine that requires you to be able to do a real bottom deal and isn't all that interesting. I think there are plenty of better poker routines out there.
Did this review help you? Do you want to respond to this review?
More Featured Magic Tricks
0 0 : 0 0 : 0 0 remaining
Act Builder beta
Top Recent Reviewers
Get To Know Us
Shipping and Store Policies