I paid the for this because of Mark Elsdon, Peter Turner, Colin McLeod and Michael Murray's names
were associated with it. What a wonderful purchase it is! Actually, any one of them endorsing a
produce is good enough for me, but all these gentlemen getting involved makes this a no-brainer.
Most things I see previews here I can figure out, but I buy them for the final touches. I
did not figure this out. I imagine I would figure it out if pushed in the right direction and had a
lot of time on my hands, just like 100 monkeys can write Shakespear given enough time.
pro mentalist, I have twenty things I use to assess a routine. They are:
1) big impact,
believable - not so impossible that it appears to be a "trick",
3) takes no strange props, (or
better yet no props),
4) does not involve playing cards or any other obvious magician
5) easy to transport,
6) has little to no angle issues,
7) little or no
8) has no refills or anything "special" needs that needs to be replaced with use,
is sturdy and can take a beating,
10) is not restricted by body type (i.e. needs to be thin,
tall, not have windows in hands, etc.)
11) provides audience interaction,
12) is not
designed to present to magicians, but a lay audience,
13) easy to do and remember,
not something an audience member can THINK they figured it out,
15) can work in a bar, street,
close-up and stage environments,
16) can be presented in multiple ways easily (mentalism, magic,
body reading, psychic, etc.)
17) can be used for all ages - or as close to all ages as possible
18) Does not appear like something an audience has seen before,
19) passes the "wife" test,
20) falls into my budget.
So few routines REALLY fall into each of these requirements -
don't let the price scare you away! This falls into ALL of the categories.
The only three
possible negatives are:
1) It is not real magic (but definitely looks like it),
is a logic puzzle, but it is easy to do and the logic will not be followed by the audience. It does
NOT appear to be a logic puzzle, and
3) while no acting is necessary, like all magic, a
modicum of acting ability helps.
This will go into my repertoire forever - LOVE IT!