Sovereign Sandwich is the first sandwich routine where the spectator makes the sandwich entirely on their own from a deck they thoroughly shuffled! The effect was designed with layered methods to fool the pants off magicians, yet it is very easy to perform and plays great for all audiences thanks to the engaging premise. Here is exactly how the effect plays out:
- The performer displays the two black kings in the deck
- The spectator shuffles the cards, selects and signs ANY card, then buries it in the deck
- The spectator now thoroughly shuffles and cuts the deck
- IMMEDIATELY after they are done shuffling, the cards are spread face up
- The signed card is ALWAYS found directly between the two black kings!
- The cards are EXAMINABLE!
Everything appears to happen out of the performer's control, and more importantly, the spectator gets all the credit! The devious gimmicks do all the work and let your spectator look like a star!
"A fun piece of magic! Worth checking out if you like sandwich effects."
- William Draven
"A clever idea and a solid effect."
- Peter Eggink