"David Regal understands more than magic - he understands the moment."
- David Copperfield
"Interpreting Magic is OUSTANDING, and I look forward to returning to it again and again."
- Joshua Jay
Ten years after Approaching Magic, his top-selling book was released, now comes Interpreting Magic by David Regal.
"David Regal is one of my heroes. He's my go-to guy for creative real world solutions in magic."
- Over 60 routines for close-up, parlor & stage.
- Over 500 pages.
- Over 1,000 photographs.
- 30+ conversations with artists, inventors, and contributors to the magic craft.
- Introduction by Michael Carbonaro.
- Mark Kalin"This book offers a wealth of wonderful ideas that will ignite your passion of magic and put you to work."
- Asi Wind"Here's the bottom line. If this book only had the magic routines, it would be worth the price. If this book only had the essays, it would be worth the price. If this book only had the interviews, it would be worth the price. To get all three, packed into a beautifully produced, 565-page book is a gift. In fact, it's the gift that keeps on giving, because I know you will return to it often to find magic you previously overlooked and to remind yourself of the wealth of useful information contained within."
- Michael Close"Interpreting Magic is a classic David Regal book in the best sense of the word."
- Pete McCabe"Interpreting Magic is smart, creative, and insightful on every level."
- John Gustaferro"Get this book."
- Lee Asher"There is no one else on earth better suited for thinking about and creating works of magic."
- Michael Carbonaro
DAVID REGAL is behind magic seen by millions of people around the globe. He is the head writer and co-executive producer of TV's The Carbonaro Effect
, where, over the course of six years, he created and collaborated on literally hundreds of original effects. He has written for, and designed effects for, stage performers who perform internationally, in Vegas showrooms, and on Broadway stages. His television writing credits range from kid shows (Rugrats
) to sitcoms (Everybody Loves Raymond
) and he is responsible for some of the best-selling tricks and instructional magic books of his generation. In addition, he is the recipient of the Creative Fellowship awarded by the Academy of Magical Arts, the parent organization of the world-famous Magic Castle.