"Dan Sperry is without a doubt the best live performer in the world of magic. No one makes an audience take attention like Dan. In my opinion is the future of magic" He is the epitome of talent.” -Chris Randall
"I saw Dan destroy an audience of 3,000 people last year. I was one of them. I'd never seen or heard of him before and he was just brilliant." -Andy Nyman
“There is a damn good reason Dan Sperry is in the world’s largest, best selling touring magic show right now. He’s that good” -Bizzaro
"Dan Sperry has done something we seldom see in magic. He has created a unique character that makes him stand out among all other magicians. His show is terrific. And he is a really nice guy!" -David Kaye aka Silly Billy
"Dan Sperry is one of the TOP magicians working today! His magic is original, professional, and unique! From professional stage magic and ideas, to close up bizarre effects. This guys does it all! I'm happy to know him as a fan, and even happier to call him a friend! Professionally bizarre, You won't regret stopping by Dan's workshop!" -Eric Ross
What will he teach?
Dove From Sketch Pad
Direct from Dan's award winning dove act that has taken him around the world you draw a simple outline drawing of a bird on a spiral notebook then tear off the paper and a live dove is produced from the paper. It is self contained and can easily be made at home with the appropriate materials and he will show you everything you need to know to put it together and how to even substitute different objects to produce from the paper if producing a dove isn't your style.
Go Eat Worms
A throw-back to Dan's days as a full-time Kids and Family show magician. Take a bag of candy gummy worms and hand a few out to your audience or let them pick their favorite gummy worm and give it to them to eat. You have one person think of their favorite worms to eat and you will turn the entire bag of gummy worms into that flavor. The spectator is asked to hold their hands open and as you dump the bag of gummy worms into their hands they transform into real live earth worms. Recently featured on Justin Flom's Block Party YouTube Video.
Made In China
Borrow any bill of any currency of any denomination and cause an image/watermark of anything to appear printed on the bill when it is held up to the light -- much like how many currencies have hidden faces and magnetic strips in it that are only visible when held up to the light this will allow you to reveal anything such as playing cards, words, symbols, etc. But when the spectator tries to find it the image has vanished.
Perfect for any variations from popped and restored balloon to just causing a balloon to inflate on its own in a silent manipulation routine, clown show, kid show, any time necessary two versions and a plethora of ideas utilizing these two methods are shown and discussed.
Take a can of "spray paint" and spray a balloon to have it instantly change color or pop and transform into a silk or produce a dove or beer bottle, etc. Dan teaches you how to construct a simple gimmick to deliver the method to have a balloon pop on your command without having to even touch it as well as endless possibilities and various presentation ideas.
A game of Russian roulette with a razor blade and several sandwich cookies.
Prince of Darkness
Visually bite off a dove's head, chew it up, and spit it back on...much cooler than the silly bite quarter gag
Always Remember To Floss
Dan's self-contained version of the razor blade swallowing/threading illusion that's adaptable for close-up, street, parlour, and stage.
How to Make Poop
When Dan was a full time Kid and Family magician one of the highlights of his birthday party show was having a dove poop on the birthday kid. This is how to make that happen whenever you want in your show too.
- How to make two different versions of the best utility holders for cards, balls, silks, canes, etc in the world.
- The truth about dove magic and why it is the hardest form of magic.
- How to sneak your live animals into and out of your gig.
- Various body loading methods for your dove act from tails to sport coats and even adapting it for modern performers who wear hoodies and t-shirts.
- How to make your magic different - Example: Dan's balls from mouth for his kid show and how he adapted it to picking his nose and eating his own boogers over and over resulting in blowing snot all
over the audience.
- The truth about "being original."
- The REAL truth about marketing yourself, your brand (and how to create it) with an emphasis on social media from Dan's new book The Social Media Magician.
True stories from touring the world! Including:
*The lecture contains adult content that some may find offensive.
- How Rudy Coby evacuated an entire hotel with a bag of popcorn.
- Seeing a birthday kid get her teeth knocked out.
- How Dan made sure to leave an impression with a casting director with a simple wheel chair.
- How to get a clown to pay you for doing his web site design.
Who is he?
With over 20 million hits on YouTube, seen by over 30 million people world-wide, and hundreds of thousands of loyal online followers, Shock Illusionist Dan Sperry ("the Anti-Conjuror") has become a social media phenomenon and one of the most sought after live performers working today.
Whilst it is his totally unique style of illusion that initially captured the imagination of his fans, it is his hilariously eccentric and often shocking comedy routines that have grown his popularity across the globe.
From headlining sold-out arena tours to guest starring on popular TV shows, Dan Sperry blends a bizarre mixture of comedy magic and mayhem into an utterly original performance that is as unique as it is entertaining.
Here a just a few of Dan's achievements:
- 3 time Award Of Merit winner from the International Brotherhood of Magicians
- 2 time gold Medal finalist at the IBM
- Magi-Fest Gold medal winner
- World Magic Seminar 25th Anniversary Champion Award-Winner
- Featured in The World's Greatest Magic Show for 3 years
- Featured act in Viva Las Vegas show
- One of only a few magicians regularly performing at the infamous THE BOX nightclubs
- Magic Castle Headliner at 17 years old
- Had an entire venue and theater built around his brand in Times Square, NYC which housed his own award-winning Off-Broadway show for 2 years
- America's Got Talent Semi-Finals with one of the most Viral appearances in the history of the show
- Only magician and only American to go to the finals on Das Supertalent in Germany (placing 3rd)
- Most on-air time in history of RTL Networks
- Was a top 10 most Googled person
- Headliner in Las Vegas
- Visual Effects consultant to the band Jane's Addiction
- Toured with his own full-scale illusion show across USA
- Stars in The Illusionists, the #1 largest and best selling magic show in the country, currently touring around the world
- 100's of Thousands of online fans and followers world-wide
- Multiple appearances on Masters of Illusion and The World Magic Awards
- Multiple tours as special guest on Illusions: Magic N' Miracles
- Visual effects consultant/creator to the band Jane's Addiction on their The Great Escape Artist tour
...You Get The Idea.