"Phill Smith thinks differently. It must be the creativity from his top-notch graphic designer brain, leaking in to his mentalism brain that does it. Phill's ideas are smart, direct and practical, what more can any of us Mentalism junkies want?" - Ken Dyne
“When an engineer contemplates a problem, he seeks the most simple, yet robust solution available. Phill Smith's mentalism is a symphony of solutions. Elegant and strong, but forthright enough to be hugely compelling. His Quinta force is just one of many examples of his brilliance.” - Atlas Brookings
"There are not many who inspire me in mentalism. For me, Phill Smith delivers inspiration by the truck load." - Paul Brook
"I first learnt of Phill's work with his book Mitox, which was a fabulous book full of practical ideas I knew I could implement into my own performances. Since then we have become good friends and he never ceases to amaze me with his brilliant thinking and creative ideas!" - Looch
What will he teach?
- a snappy fun opener for any close-up mentalism set
- an ungimmicked sleight-free method for discerning ANYTHING drawn or written on a business card
- a simple way to take a cartology reading into a strange performance piece (Cardfab)
- subliminal suggestion helps you control a spectator’s free choice
- a punchy contemporary presentation for an ungimmicked booktest, that also serves as a great demonstration of how to bomb-proof any effect
- Phill explains the inner workings of the notorious Quinta, a powerful utility method designed as a completely fair alternative to the traditional magician’s choice - a streamlined propless way to force literally anything.
DBag Drawing Challenge
- never buy a drink again
- hit a personal best in an incredible mental challenge that will blow spectators away
Phill will also explain his own personal approach to creating high-impact mentalism effects and developing a unique performing character that audiences will remember for years to come.
Who is he?
UK based mentalist, writer, designer and consultant Phill Smith has been creating powerful mind reading effects for more than a decade, with effects performed by professionals around the world on stage and television. Best known for his three handbooks to contemporary mentalism, Mitox
, his creative approach yields innovative modern mentalism created for real-world situations and real-world audiences. Phill has also consulted for numerous professional performers, including writing and development credits on TV show Impossible?, as well as on-set consulting in the UK, Belgium and Ukraine. In addition to all this, Phill has also performed professionally in a wide variety of settings including sell-out public shows, to rave reviews.