"Morgan & West have produced a dizzying volume of original performance material in a staggeringly short space of time. Their performances are original, compelling and unique. I consider myself their biggest fan." - Luke Jermay
"It would be inaccurate to describe Morgan & West as one of a kind, because there are two of them. The result is an approach to magical teamwork that is delightful and innovative. And, by the way, although I don't know which routines they'll be teaching, my prediction is that they'll fool you -- and make you like it!" - Max Maven
"Morgan & West are among my favorite acts. Their material is innovative, their presentations are fascinating, and best of all, their show is so very whimsical. I am in awe of their material, and I will look forward to this unique opportunity to find out more about how and why they do what they do." - Joshua Jay
What will they teach?
The Real Transported Card
- Two spectators are invited to the stage, where they select and sign cards. Without the spectators, the cards, or either of the magicians on stage ever crossing the stage, the signed cards impossibly teleport from one side to the other.
Hopes and Fears
- Four spectators come onto the stage and are instructed to think of either a hope
or a fear
. By feeling the backs of the spectator's heads, Mr. West not only deduces who is thinking of a hope and who is thinking of a fear, but also the exact fear they are thinking of.
Balloon Animals of Death
- A spectator is given the task of naming a new sidekick for Morgan & West. One by one, balloon animals are paraded in front of the spectator who decides which should 'die' and which one will 'live'. The spectator's choice of animal and name is predicted on a metal nametag found in an envelope they have been holding since the beginning of the trick.
- Morgan & West invite a spectator to choose any of the volumes of JK Rowlings famous wizarding books, the audience picks a page, the spectator freely chooses a word on that page. Morgan & West have predicted every choice - book, page, and word - but incorrectly. Luckily Morgan & West have a time machine and manage to fix everything with a spot of time travel.
Hearing With The Ears
- Mr. Morgan is blindfolded and a spectator brings a handful of change to the stage. Coins are dropped in a glass bowl and Mr. Morgan correctly identifies them by sound alone, culminating in correctly counting an entire handful of change dropped into the bowl. When the spectators driver's license is dropped in the bowl, Mr. Morgan is even able to hear details printed on the card.
- Morgan & West display four identical pictures of the duo. Three are 'fake' and one is 'real'. A spectator is asked to choose, one by one, which are fake. The fakes are marked on the back for later disposal. Morgan & West reveal that the spectator is correct in their choice not only by way of a sealed envelope, but also because the three "fake" pictures have transformed into a series of increasingly absurd images.
Who are they?
Morgan & West are the world's foremost time travelling magic duo. They make their living performing their stage magic shows all over the UK, and sometimes the rest of the world, as well. Despite both being under the age of 30, they are veterans of the Edinburgh Fringe festival, having performed a new hour long show there every year since 2009. They fooled Penn and Teller on the first series of Penn and Teller: Fool Us
and have acted as magic consultants for theatre and television in the UK. They are renowned in the magic community for the amount of thought and originality that goes into their act, and for writing about themselves in the third person.
If you could ask ONE question to one of the world's most creative professional magicians, what would it be?
If you've never been to a magic lecture, there's never been a better time. Sunday, September 6th, at 7:00pm, we're live-streaming Morgan and West LIVE in a spectacular 2-hour interactive online lecture. Watch, ask questions, and learn things you won't find in any book or DVD.
Want VIP access to EVERY FUTURE Penguin LIVE we film? Check out the new Penguin LIVE: All Access Pass!
ATTENDING COULDN'T BE EASIER.
- Purchase the Morgan and West LIVE product. This is your ticket.
- On Sunday, September 6th, anytime before 7:00pm Eastern, click the MyPenguinMagic area at the top of the Penguin site. You'll see the livestream appear 1 hour before showtime. At 7pm sharp, Morgan and West will hit the stage and begin their JAM-PACKED professional lecture.
- Sit back and watch over 2 hours of DVD-quality live streaming magic from the comfort of your own home.
- Ask Morgan and West questions and discuss the tricks DURING the lecture.
DONT WORRY IF YOU MIGHT MISS IT.
Reserve your seat anyway. Within 24 hours of ending, you'll be able to download and/or watch the full lecture on-demand, and go over all the great routines and subtleties as many times as you want. It'll be waiting for you in your MyPenguinMagic area.
Magicians flock to see workers give talks. Why? Because these guys see and learn things that you won't find in any book or DVD. Yes, you'll be learning some incredibly powerful A-material, but the INVALUABLE stuff will be the insight you learn along the way.
This lecture is for everyone, from the beginner to the professional and for magicians and mentalists alike. Don't miss it!