What is it?
The Penguin Magic Experience and Expo (MAXX) is your chance to hang out with, and learn cutting edge magic from some of the world's best magicians. And when we say hang out with, we mean it. Hanging out is ON THE SCHEDULE.
Penguin MAXX events are your chance to sit down with the top pros and learn the best-kept secrets in magic that you can’t learn anywhere else. These live events are packed with lectures and workshops from some of the best magicians in the world. Not only do you learn, but you get access. MAXX is strictly limited to 300 spots, so you can ask the questions that matter during the lecture, get the hands-on learning you need during the workshops, and get the quality time you want with your favorite creators during the jam session.
While you’re at MAXX be sure to stop into the dealer’s room to see some of the newest magic, some of it not even released yet. If all that wasn’t enough the Penguin team is on hand to look for the next hit effect. Some of the best selling tricks of the last few years were discovered at MAXX events. Penguin MAXX is your ticket to maximum access.
When is it?
May 1-2, 2020
5:00p Dealer Room Opens
- This is a fantastic opportunity to see and buy some of the best magic available. The dealer room is open from 5:00p to 8:30p on Friday and from 12:30p to 6p on Saturday.
7:00p Magic Show
- A full evening show featuring many of our headliners, and other surprises!!
8:30p Penguin Magic Lecture
- A lecture featuring the latest and greatest magic on the market, along with some new releases.
10:00p Dan Harlan Lecture
- Always innovative, Dan Harlan shares his latest creations with you. Brand new ideas, routines, and presentations will get your gears spinning at full speed. Plus, you'll be the first to experience a sneak preview of Harlan's current projects. Cutting-edge concepts from a magical mastermind.
9:30a Brent Braun Lecture
- Consistently regarded as one of the top creators working today and has created some of the top selling magic of the last two decades.
11:00a Making a Magic Product Workshop
- Learn the basics of releasing a trick to the magic community. Shaun Dunn has over a decades worth of experience in the magic industry. In this workshop Shaun crams as much info as possible into a 30 minute lesson on what makes a great product for magicians.
11:30a Jay Sankey Show/Lecture
- Jay is a true magician's magician and is widely considered to be one of the most original thinkers and finest magic teachers alive today. He is also one of the most prolific magic creators on the planet. At last count Jay has created well over 700 original magic effects.
12:30p Dealer Room Opens
- This is a fantastic opportunity to see and buy some of the best magic available. The dealer room is open from 12:30p to 6p on Saturday.
1:30p Levitation Workshop
- If you have ever wanted to perform astounding magic where objects seem to move and float on their own, this is your opportunity. You will learn real world levitation techniques that can be used anytime, anywhere. Even if you have never used invisible thread before, this workshop will give you the confidence, and teach you everything you need to know.
2:30p Zero To Cardsharp Workshop
- Improve your card skills, learn new sleights, and become the expert at the card table. This 30 minute workshop with rising card star Erik Tait will give you the tools you need to go from zero to card sharp. Erik is an award winning magician who has appeared on Penn & Teller: Fool Us, as well as some of the most prestigious stages in magic. Now he is sharing his unique approach to playing cards with you. This must see workshop is for all skill levels. You’ll learn three tricks with a gambling theme, as well as a few pointers to improve your sleight of hand.
3:30p Rubber Band Workshop
- Dan Harlan was instrumental in popularizing magic with rubber bands and is widely considered a master of rubber band magic. With Dan's help you will quickly learn the seemingly complicated twists and turns of rubber band magic giving you the confidence to perform like a master.
4:30p David Regal Show/Lecture
- Author, television magic producer, Magic Castle performer AND hilarious magic creator. Two-time recipient of the “Lecturer of the Year” award from the Academy of Magical Arts.
7p Shawn Farquhar Show/Lecture
- Shawn has been entertaining audiences around the globe for over two decades. The IBM awarded him both STAGE MAGICIAN and SLEIGHT OF HAND MAGICIAN OF THE YEAR, making him the ONLY magician in history to win BOTH world championships.
8:30p Headliner Panel and Q&A
- Ask your magic questions to any of the headliners in this star-studded panel discussion and Q&A session.
9:30p Penguin Jam Session
- Ask anyone of the headliners anything you like, this is YOUR time to hangout and ask all the questions you thought of too late, to see the moves you wanted a closer look at from the show or from a lecture, or to swap jokes, moves or just generally gawk and get autographs :)
Strictly limited to 300 attendees!! - $59.95
- 6 Full Magic Lectures
- 4 Workshops
- Magic Shows
- Dealers Hall Access
- Headliner Panel and Q&A
- Penguin Magic Jam Session Pass
- Penguin Magic
- Brent Braun
- Diamond Jim Tyler
- Michael Kaminskas
- Greg Rostami
- Takamiz Usui
Doubletree Atlanta Airport
3400 Norman Berry Drive
Atlanta, GA 30344
Discounted Room Rate $114
Room Rate Expires April 10th