What is it?
The Penguin Magic Experience and Expo (MAXX) is a two day magic-FILLED event in St. Petersburg, May 31 - June 1, 2019. It is your chance to hang out with, and learn cutting edge magic from some of the world's best magicians. And when we say hang out with, we mean it. Hanging out is ON THE SCHEDULE.
MAXX has everything you love about big magic conventions, all at a fraction of the normal magic convention price, and in 2 action-packed days. We're busy. You're busy. Spending 4-7 days away from home, away from family doesn't work for many people.
You will see and learn great new magic. You will hang out with the worlds best magicians. You will make new magic friends, new magic memories, and have a blast.
5:00p-11:00p - Registration Opens
5:30p-9:00p - Magic Expo Dealers Room
: This is a fantastic opportunity to see and buy some of the best magic available.
7:00p-8:00p - Nick Locapo Lecture
9:00p-10:00p - Headliner Panel and Q&A:
Ask your magic questions to any of the headliners in this star-studded panel discussion and Q&A session.
9:30a-10:30a - Brent Braun Lecture
11:00a-12:00p - Garrett Thomas Lecture
11:00a-6:00p - Magic Expo Dealers Room
12:30p-1:30p - Lunch Break
1:30p-2:00p - Nick Locapo Workshop
2:30p-3:00p - Joe Rindfleisch Workshop
3:30p-4:00p - Special Guest Workshop
4:00p-5:30p - David Stone Lecture
6:00p-7:00p - Dinner Break
7:00p-8:00p - Dan Harlan Lecture
8:00p-9:30p - Magic Show
9:30p-12:00a - The Penguin Magic Jam Session
: Ask anyone of the headliners anything you like, this is YOUR time to hangout and ask all the questions you thought of too late, to see the moves you wanted a closer look at from the show or from a lecture, or to swap jokes, moves or just generally gawk and get autographs :)
- David Stone - David Stone is known for having the best lecture in magic because he is so entertaining and his material is incredibly strong. Since 1999, he has performed his lecture on the art of Table hopping (professional magic in restaurants) at Magic conventions in more than 19 countries and is one of the most famous French magicians outside his country.
- Garrett Thomas - Garrett is known for being an innovator as well as one of the top card, coin, and ring manipulators. His original effects, extreme technical skills, and keen understanding of human psychology culminate in highly visual, entertaining, and often enlightening routines.
- Dan Harlan - One of the most prolific creators in the world of magic, with incredible hits like Starcle, All-Seeing Eye, Hover-Card Plus, Vortex, and many, many more. Also well-known as the host of Penguin LIVE and the mastermind of the Tarbell: Every Trick in the Book series. For this special Penguin Magic Experience, Harlan has prepared a lecture highlighting his latest innovations, plus a few old favorites, to illustrate the importance of a well-structured performance. Learn how to prepare professionally-polished presentations
- Nick Locapo - Nick Locapo is one of the hardest working magicians in America. Over the last decade he has he has performed his close-up and stage act for over a million people, and thousands of organizations.
- Brent Braun - Brent Braun is consistently regarded as one of the top creators working today and has created some of the top selling magic of the last two decades including Torched & Restored, Position Impossible as well as his five-star rated Decks and Deceptions. He will be sharing powerful, real-world material by blending practical methods with sound theory, presentation, and showmanship. This is your chance to learn not only how Brent’s magic works but why it works.
- Joe Rindfleisch - In the past few years, Joe has taken the art of Rubber band magic to new heights. Using nothing more than a few rubber bands, he recently received a standing ovation at Obie’s 4F Convention for his act with rubber bands. Joe also produces the very best rubber bands coated with Elastraflex. Currently there are fifteen different colors of bands in his product line.
- Cameron Francis - As a close up magician, Cameron is well known for his off-beat, quirky style of magic. He has performed all over the country including the Close Up Gallery of the world famous Magic Castle in Hollywood. He is also a regular performer at Wizardz Magic Theater in Orlando, Fl.
- Ryan Schlutz - Ryan Schlutz is best known for his “moveless magic” that fools many magicians on a constant basis. Ryan’s well-choreographed subtleties and carefree style leaves witnesses with a feeling of astonishment with no signs of foul play. He is sure to amaze even the toughest of critics. He is the author of Making the Cut, a well-regarded book amongst his peers, and has taken the magic community by storm! His signature “moveless” brand of magic has been featured in DVD titles such as Miracles Without Moves, Effortless Effects and Only Slightly Sleighty.
- Erik Casey - Magic meets luxury. What happens when an expert woodworker meets an expert magician? Crafted Magic. Products designed by magicians for magicians, but built by an experienced woodworker to ensure the absolute highest quality items.
- Shaun Dunn - Shaun Dunn has been a major player in the magic industry for over 12 years. His creations have been featured in award winning books as well as part of of the monumental True Astonishment series. He has worked with countless magicians and been an important decision maker in over 1000 individual magic products. His advice along with his sharp eye for what sells has helped many magicians succeed in the magic industry and now he is sharing some of that wisdom with you.
All-inclusive TWO-DAY registration: $149.95
- 5 Full Magic Lectures
- 3 Workshops
- Dealers Hall Access
- Saturday Magic Show Ticket
- Saturday night Penguin Magic Jam Session Pass
St. Petersburg Mariott Clearwater
12600 Roosevelt Boulevard, North
St. Petersbug, FL 33716
Discounted Room Rate $119
Expires May 10th