- There are some decent handling tips in the download.
- The device works.
- There is nothing special about the pad itself.
- If you know anything about
this type of device you probably know everything you need to know to put the materials together
- You're basically paying for an assembled device that is very easy to put together.
- It is WAY overpriced. You can get exactly what you need for about $30 or less. You can make a
cheaper but just as affective version of this, which would use a normal or borrowed pen or pencil,
for about $5 if you know what to buy.
- Although it says in the instructions that you don't have
to use the pad and that you can remove the gimmick and use it elsewhere, the gimmick is glued into
place in the one I received and cannot be removed without running the risk of ruining the gimmick.
- The pad looks and feels cheap.
- "No refills necessary." There
is one item that you will need to either refill or purchase a new one. I'll bet you can guess which
item that is. Hint, it's not the paper.
- "The secret is hidden in plain sight." This goes
without saying due to the fact that most "organic" style gimmicks have a secret hidden in plain
sight. When he says, "The Secret", he's talking about the gimmick itself, NOT the info. And, the
mention of "hidden in plain sight" suggests that you are able to see the info while the audience
cannot. If this was the case then the product would have been well worth the price. This is not the
case with this device. Again, if you are familiar with this type of device then you know that
something has to move or be re-arranged before you can acquire the information. If you use this
device in real time during a performance, there is no theatrical justification for why you would
need to perform the necessary moves to acquire the info. It would be best used as p**-s***.
I will most likely use this but only because I spent the money, not because
it's very good. The thinking certainly isn't new. It is the same type of thing that I have put
together myself many times in the past. If I had it to do over I would not have bought this. I feel
completely ripped off. Hopefully this review will help others make a more informed decision and
determine whether or not they really want to spend that much money.
12 of 12 magicians found this helpful.